To be eligible for certification, the following is required:
- Satisfactory completion of our 6-week online class, including the assessment at the end of the class.
- Completion and submission of the CGAP application form.
- Payment of $99 certification fee.
The purpose of this course is to provide an overview of the foundation of traumatic stress treatment for the spouse and family. Areas that will be covered are:
- What is Problem Gambling
- History of Gambling
- Gambling Addiction Diagnosis
- Gambling Typology
- Types of Gambling Populations
- Stories of Loss
- Gambling Impact on Couples
- Impact on Children/Families
- Stories of Impact
- Traumatic Stress
- Spousal Emotion Symptom Assessment
- The “Resistant” Spouse
- Family Interventions
- Couples Adjustments/Treatment Recommendations
- Counselor Tools/Resources
Recertification is effective for one, two, or three years. You can renew your certification here. To renew, members must submit proof of completing six (6) trauma related CE’s per year. The fees for renewing certification is $49 for one year, $79 for two years, or $99 for three years.