Prerequisite: Certified Clinical Trauma Professional (CCTP)
Start Date: January 7, 2018 End Date: March 31, 2018.
A 12-week advanced level online trauma training
36 CE Hours, NBCC Approved
Weeks 1 through 10: 90-minute live webinars with IATP faculty. Weeks 11 – 12: Participants will create a final clinical specialization project: a paper, video or article. Your instructor will guide the development of your project.
The first ten weeks will involve weekly 90-minute live webinars between each cohort (up to 5 participants) and an IATP faculty member. The last two weeks will involve the creation of a final clinical specialization project – this may be a paper, article or video.
This clinical certification program is designed for mental health professionals practicing in agencies, schools, child advocacy centers, private practice, family counseling centers, other disciplines, and advanced graduate students. Cohorts will work together in a unique online group format in this 12-week interactive course to acquire advanced clinical skills.
We will use ZOOM for webinars at no additional cost to the participant.
COURSE CONTENTS AND OBJECTIVES
These topics will be discussed within each cohort for the first 30 minutes of the weekly 90 minute webinar.
- Types of Trauma and Traumatic Experiences
- Risk and Protective Factors
- Effects of Trauma in Specific Populations
- Reactions to Traumatic Stress
- Assessing for Trauma-Related Symptomology
- Diagnosing Trauma and Trauma-Related Disorders
- Trauma-Specific Treatments
- Treatment Planning
- Develop a Comprehensive Clinical Assessment
- Develop an Expert Witness Report
- Providing Expert Witness Testimony
- Getting Qualified as an Expert Witness
- Compile Expert Witness Portfolio
- Proficiency in clinical and forensic terminology
Via IATP’s learning platform through Sycamore. Login access will be provided a day or two before January 7 start date. Email contact will be from Cindi Labadie: firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to check your SPAM folder.