Obtain your certification after completing the coursework by Submitting your Application Electronically or Downloading A Paper Application.
To renew your certification, Submit Your Application Electronically or Download A Paper Application.
This clinical certification program is designed for mental health professionals practicing in agencies, schools, child advocacy centers, private practice, family counseling centers, other disciplines, and advanced graduate students. Cohorts will work together in a unique online group format in this 12-week interactive course to acquire advanced clinical skills.
We will use ZOOM for webinars at no additional cost to the participant.
COURSE CONTENTS AND OBJECTIVES
These topics will be discussed within each cohort for the first 30 minutes of the weekly 90 minute webinar.
- Types of Trauma and Traumatic Experiences
- Risk and Protective Factors
- Effects of Trauma in Specific Populations
- Reactions to Traumatic Stress
- Assessing for Trauma-Related Symptomology
- Diagnosing Trauma and Trauma-Related Disorders
- Trauma-Specific Treatments
- Treatment Planning
- Develop a Comprehensive Clinical Assessment
- Develop an Expert Witness Report
- Providing Expert Witness Testimony
- Getting Qualified as an Expert Witness
- Compile Expert Witness Portfolio
- Proficiency in clinical and forensic terminology
Via IATP’s learning platform through Sycamore. Login access will be provided a day or two before the start date. Email contact will be from Cindi Labadie: firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to check your SPAM folder.
Recertification is effective for one, two, or three years. You can renew your certification here. To renew, members must submit proof of completing six (6) trauma related CE’s per year. The fees for renewing certification is $49 for one year, $79 for two years, or $99 for three years.